Monday 21 May 2018

21st May 2018

Not only is this an exceptionally poor Spring, but it is getting late for large numbers of migrants and the wind has been consistently from the North for several days. So I was not overly optimistic when I set out this morning. However a Spotted Flycatcher in the Paddock closely followed by five fly over Crossbills was encouraging. There was little else to get excited about as I walked the clifftop to Little Green apart from 11 Swallows heading North. Returning past Hope Point I picked up a singing Marsh Warbler, which only gave three brief glimpses in the two hours I spent with it. No photos sadly but I managed a couple of sound recordings on my phone. Other birds noted two House Martins at Hope Point, 14 Whitethroats holding territory, four singing Chiffchaffs, two Lesser Whitethroats



No comments:

Post a Comment